Monday, March 25, 2024

March 25 Crazy Weather Day!

Today was a long day of driving Frisco Texas to Albuquerque New Mexico as well as crazy weather but will touch on that a little later.

My plan was to leave Tammy’s between 8-9 this morning, I made it out the door by 8:55. Hard to say goodbyes to Tammy and Tooksey (never did learn how to spell her name!). We were using words up until departure time and I was spoiled with my yogurt and berries each morning, I either got homemade almond cake or raspberry Kringle!!! Today was no exception!

Hoping Tammy and I can connect again in the not too distant future, so the goodbye was really a see you soon!

Notes from today’s driving: lots of windmills, solar panels, red dirt, tractors out working in the fields and SNIW! My first time to New Mexico! Drove Highway 40 most of the day, a little bit Route 66, just to be able to say I drove it! Sure wish I could remember other observations I made while driving today…need a recorder to be able to remember what I saw!

The biggest surprise was driving through 4 hours of snow flurries this afternoon/evening. Saw brightness a couple of times but sometimes visibility was down to1/2 mile! Would drive through snow flurries for anywhere from 15-30 minutes, it would stop and 5 minutes later start up again. Sometimes it was the snow just blowing across the road, really couldn’t see snow flakes. Wasn’t sure if I should call it a shorter day of driving but really glad I didn’t cuz nothing stuck to the roads!






No comments:

Post a Comment